Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Smores on a hot night...

We decided to buy a fire pit for the backyard. Making smores with a gas grill just feels so wrong. I can now say that making smores with a fire pit feels very right. :)

Luckily, both of my kids are afraid of fire and VERY careful around it. We broke it in the other night and had such fun.


Here is MissyMiss roasting her marshmallow. We bought long forks in the camping section at Target, so the kids don't have to get too close to the fire.



Bubby loves to roast the marshmallows, but does not like to eat them. He ends up eating a graham cracker and chocolate sandwich.




A fun time was had by all. :)

8 comments:

Mabry's Gamma said...

Hi Sarah,

We wish we had a fire pit so until then I nuke my s'mores, not as much fun but still tastes the same.

Pam said...

They look great! I love to make smores, but we make them on the gas grill. My kids love them, too.

Heather said...

Looks like fun! I love s'mores too.

lifestudent said...

I havent had a smore in forever. Now I want one bad. And I already ate almost a pound of M&M's today :(

joyRuN said...

My hub's paranoid about fires, otherwise, I'd have a fire pit for the SOLE PURPOSE of making smores :) YUM.

Running Mommy said...

Looks like you had a lovely time! Unfortunately the weather around here has definity taken a turn for Autumn!

greentigress said...

What's a smore?
is it a roasted marshmallow - I'm guessing! lol

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh-your post reminded me of the great S'mores debate. You see, MY family ALWAYS called them S'mores. My HUSBAND'S family ALWAYS called them Yum yums. We don't argue much, but this has ALWAYS been a sticking point between us. He's just plain wrong, as is his family; everybody knows they're S'mores!