Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just one more time...

My little MissyMiss started first grade today...where did those 6 years go?? Bubby starts preschool next week and then I will have 5 hours a week all to myself...what ever will I do?

Last week the weather here was gorgeous...sunny and not too hot and perfect for being outside. We tried to fit in "Just one more"....park, ice cream, etc.

One of our favorite restaurants is part of a family farm. They have delicious food and make their own bread...so the sandwiches there are unbelievable. The kids and I have been there to pick strawberries and blueberries and also several times for lunch. We made it back there one more time last week.

After lunch we go walk to see the animals and feed the goats.

It was not long before we were joined by this handsome fellow. His name is Braeburn. The farm is known for its apples, so the dogs are named after apple varieties.



He walked up to us and dropped his ball at my daughter's feet. The 2 then played fetch for the next 20 minutes, until Braeburn was worn out. My kids know and love him...when we eat on the porch at the farm he likes to sit by our table and wait for the kids to slip him some food.




Here are the kids and the donkey. They love to go see the animals.





After playing fetch for a while, Braeburn cooled himself down in the tub. :)







While MissyMiss played fetch, Bubby was content to fill his shoes with "hay"....boys.









7 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

Sounds like a lovely end to summer. Great pics!

joyRuN said...

I'd love to have one of those restaurants/family farms nearby. Sandwiches with homemade bread after some blueberry/apple picking - awesome!

Pam said...

Trust me! You will find a way to fill up your free time, and it goes alot quicker than you ever expect it to. Enjoy you time and I hope she had a great first day of school!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun time! Can't believe summer is over already, where does the time go?

Mabry's Gamma said...

How cute. It is nice that you got to do "One more time" before the full swing of school started.

Unknown said...

:-( I only have an 8 week old and I guess you're saying he'll be in school before I know it?! Agh! I'm sure you'll fill up your free time!

Carly said...

looks like a fun day! Great photos. You cherish those 5 hours, they go by really quick!