Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have officially been initiated...

...into the "Mothers of 2-year-old Boys" club. Bubby had to have his head glued back together on Monday. He was playing with his sis in her room and I heard lots of laughing and giggling...it sounded like all was good. Then all of a sudden I heard a thump and crying...not so good anymore. Bubby fell into Missymiss's bed frame and cut his head...bad enough to require the use of super glue.





Now, I should note here that he is not the only clumsy one in the family. It seems he may have inherited those genes from me. I once fell flat on my rear while dancing at a Bar Mitzvah...I was completely mortified. The picture below is me about a month ago. I was trying to drag our Little Tykes basketball hoop out into the driveway when the backboard popped off and hit me in the eye. I had an awful bruise for a good 2 weeks. The picture below does not do the bruise justice.
I kinda liked how tough I looked with the bruise. Like people would know not to mess with me. The funny thing is, I am not at all a violent person. I can't even watch violent movies...not even the Karate Kid. At the time when my bruise was at its worse I was buying some running clothes at an Under Armour outlet. One teenage boy was ringing up my purchases and another was behind the counter...staring at my tough black eye. I could tell he was wondering why someone who looked like your typical stay-at-home, 30-year-old mom would have such a bruise. I wanted to say "You should have seen the other chick"...but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I enjoyed looking tough for a while...




On a completely different note...we have been watching my neighbor's tree change colors. It is now the most beautiful shade of orange/yellow/red...just gorgeous. But, it has already started dropping leaves...won't be long before it is covered in snow. :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww poor little guy!!!

Dustie said...

He looks like he handled it well tho! Maybe he will sport his mark like mama did! I'm just as clumbsy -- I'm always falling, tripping, you name it..LOL! My little boy is 6 and we have had NUMEROUS ER visits since he was one....I thought they were going to start to investigate! :)

Shannon said...

I think I could trade Oops for the chance to live in New York. :) I have always wanted to come to your state! Although I would love to see the city, I think I would most like the country.

Your neighbor's tree is gorgeous!

Poor little guy with his eye!

And you soooo should have said that to the cashier! :)

Rue said...

Hi Sarah :)

Ouch! Poor baby!! I hope it heals quickly.

I'm a clutz too, so I can totally relate LOL

rue

WendyBird said...

I've done 3 "oh carp" trip to the ER, one similar to Bubby's, one from DD stabbing herself with a knife carving a pumpkin, and one broken nose from the trampoline :-) I hope Bubby feels better soon, but I suspect it was all harder on you!
By the way, I hate to say it, but the kids behind the counter probably thought your husband hit you :-( It happens way too often.