Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have officially been initiated...

...into the "Mothers of 2-year-old Boys" club. Bubby had to have his head glued back together on Monday. He was playing with his sis in her room and I heard lots of laughing and giggling...it sounded like all was good. Then all of a sudden I heard a thump and crying...not so good anymore. Bubby fell into Missymiss's bed frame and cut his head...bad enough to require the use of super glue.





Now, I should note here that he is not the only clumsy one in the family. It seems he may have inherited those genes from me. I once fell flat on my rear while dancing at a Bar Mitzvah...I was completely mortified. The picture below is me about a month ago. I was trying to drag our Little Tykes basketball hoop out into the driveway when the backboard popped off and hit me in the eye. I had an awful bruise for a good 2 weeks. The picture below does not do the bruise justice.
I kinda liked how tough I looked with the bruise. Like people would know not to mess with me. The funny thing is, I am not at all a violent person. I can't even watch violent movies...not even the Karate Kid. At the time when my bruise was at its worse I was buying some running clothes at an Under Armour outlet. One teenage boy was ringing up my purchases and another was behind the counter...staring at my tough black eye. I could tell he was wondering why someone who looked like your typical stay-at-home, 30-year-old mom would have such a bruise. I wanted to say "You should have seen the other chick"...but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I enjoyed looking tough for a while...




On a completely different note...we have been watching my neighbor's tree change colors. It is now the most beautiful shade of orange/yellow/red...just gorgeous. But, it has already started dropping leaves...won't be long before it is covered in snow. :(

6 comments:

My home - My life said...

Aww poor little guy!!!

Dustie Jo said...

He looks like he handled it well tho! Maybe he will sport his mark like mama did! I'm just as clumbsy -- I'm always falling, tripping, you name it..LOL! My little boy is 6 and we have had NUMEROUS ER visits since he was one....I thought they were going to start to investigate! :)

Shannon said...

I think I could trade Oops for the chance to live in New York. :) I have always wanted to come to your state! Although I would love to see the city, I think I would most like the country.

Your neighbor's tree is gorgeous!

Poor little guy with his eye!

And you soooo should have said that to the cashier! :)

Rue said...

Hi Sarah :)

Ouch! Poor baby!! I hope it heals quickly.

I'm a clutz too, so I can totally relate LOL

rue

WendyBird said...

I've done 3 "oh carp" trip to the ER, one similar to Bubby's, one from DD stabbing herself with a knife carving a pumpkin, and one broken nose from the trampoline :-) I hope Bubby feels better soon, but I suspect it was all harder on you!
By the way, I hate to say it, but the kids behind the counter probably thought your husband hit you :-( It happens way too often.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,