Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Favs

So...I am starting something new today! Every Friday I will be doing a "Friday Favs" post. I will highlight one of my favorite things. I always love it when people say things like "This is my favorite recipe!", or "These are my favorite socks!". To be deemed a favorite, something must be pretty darn good.

So, here is my first Friday Fav...........

My Janome Sewing Machine! Here is a pic of it in all its sewing machine glory:



My wonderful husband surprised me with it this past fall! MissyMiss was in on the surprise and was so excited to give it to me. About 3 years ago, I decided that I wanted to learn to sew/quilt. I bought an inexpensive Brother machine from Wal-Mart and taught myself. Once I got really into it, I thought about an upgrade....and then my wonderful husband surprised me with one.

See the table the machine is sitting in...also a surprise from Hubby...for Mother's Day. He is so thoughtful...sometimes. :)



Below is a pic of my cutting table. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.


This awesome cabinet I got at a garage sale for $20! It is from Pier 1...it was marked $35, but they were starting to close up and I offered $20 and got it! It works great for organizing all of my little stuff and my scraps.


This is my fabric cabinet. It is a reproduction icebox that I got at a local furniture store...I LOVE it!






This is the cabinet opened up. Look at all that fabric!!! Sometimes I just open it and stare at it all. If I am having a bad day, it makes me happy just to look at all of my fabric...seriously.



This little shelf has all of my sewing/quilting books. Nothing fancy either...


Well...that is it for today. Tune in next week for my next Friday Fav!

5 comments:

Dustie Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustie Jo said...

I love your favorites!! That is great. I just told my husband I want to take a sewing class. I know all the basics, but want to learn how to follow a pattern, maybe even quilting....seems like such a fun hobby and the possibilities are endless!! Thanks for sharing your favorites!

WendyBird said...

Hehehe, I'm a closet quilter. Meaning all my stuff is shoved in a closet because I have no where else to put it :-)

Tanya said...

What a great idea for a Friday post! My favorite sewing machine is my Bernina. It's 30 years old and I love it to death. I've been sewing since I was 13. You pic of all the fabric-ooh, look at all the possiblilities!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,