Some find it pleasant dining on pheasant.
Those things roll off my knife;
Just serve me tomatoes; and mashed potatoes;
Give me the simple life.
Now that school is out we have been able to slow down a bit around here. I purposely did not schedule much for this summer...some swim lessons, a 3 day vacation, and a 1 week morning camp for MissyMiss...that is about it. It has given us a great chance to enjoy the simple things in life, and the kids and myself are loving it.
Here are some of my favorite simple things:
- a good book and the porch rocking chair
- meatloaf and mashed potatoes
- the slip-and-slide on the front lawn
- a long walk on a breezy night
- the swings at the park
- soft serve ice cream
- a long run on a gorgeous day
- a beautiful drive to my favorite quilt shop
- garden fresh tomatoes
- backyard bonfires
- hometown parades
- strawberry picking
- watching the kids splash in the pool
- hot dogs on the grill
We are all about the simple life over here. What are your favorite simple things?