Sunday, July 26, 2009

Some updates...

First of all, thank you so much to everyone for all of the kind thoughts and good suggestions regarding the death of my daughter's hamster. Hampy was buried in our backyard. My daughter wanted a stone to mark the grave, so she chose an angel garden statue. She was really sad for a few days, but is doing much better now. Thanks again to everyone for your sweet comments.





I had another 5K today and I will get to posting a race report at some point. Things are crazy here for the next few days. A few things I shall mention now:


- I saw a girl at the starting line wearing teeny, tiny white see-through shorts and a thong underneath. I was determined that, if nothing else, I must beat "thong girl"...I did.

- Running in the heat and humidity just downright stinks.

- I came close to a PR, but missed by about 10 seconds. But...I placed first in my age group. Here is the proof:





I have no idea why MissyMiss isn't smiling in this pic. She was thrilled for me. She even made me a pretend cake and sang "Happy Medal Day" to me. :)


We have been busy! The kids and I went blueberry picking this week and had a great time! The blueberries were great this year! As soon as we got home we made Blueberry cobbler. It is such an easy and healthy recipe...I promise I will post it as soon as things settle down.




Lastly, I had a FUN trip to the quilt shop last weekend and have LOTS of projects planned. I just finished a twirly skirt for MissyMiss and will post a pic as soon as I get one of her wearing it. Next on my list is a wall hanging for the dining room and then starting some Christmas stuff.

Definitely lastly, I was in Home Goods (my fav!) the other day and they are already starting to put out fall decor....my heart skipped a beat when I saw it! Fall is my favorite season! But...even better....my favorite holiday is Christmas and my local radio station did Christmas in July this weeked. So...they played Christmas songs all weekend! Any other Christmas freaks out there?

10 comments:

Tanya said...

See through shorts and a thong? ewww. I'm glad you beat her!

Amber said...

Congrats on the 5K.

Blueberry picking is so much fun! And blueberry cobbler sounds delish!

I'm dreading fall and you're excited about the fall decorations!!! I was at JoAnn Fabrics several weeks ago and they already had fall stuff out. I was so annoyed. We even haven't had much of a summer here in PA - cool and rainy. I can't even think about fall yet.

Mabry's Gamma said...

Morning Sarah,

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RUN!

Like you, I LOVE FALL and Hobby Lobby has not only Fall items out BUT Christmas as well. The Christmas is a bit early for me but I do like that Fall will be here soon.

Now when we move I have to check if there is a Home Goods store nearby, we didn't have it where we lived in PA; matter of fact there are several stores here in GA that were not near me in PA that I LOVE.

joyRuN said...

Wooohoooo! Congrats on the AG bling, but more importantly, on beating thong chick :)

Heather said...

Way to beat the tramp!

I went to a quilt shop while we were on vacation and got the stuff for a little project. Now if only I can find my sewing machine . . .

I'm a Christmas freak too, but I love summer so much and (except for Christmas) hate winter, I can't do Christmas in July.

Rue said...

Hi Sarah :)

The best part of this post (besides your sweet girl feeling better) is you beating thong girl! Yay!!!! LOL

Oh and yep, I'm a Christmas freak too :)

rue

Rookie on the Run said...

Way to go, beating thong girl... and getting a medal!! That is awesome!

We don't get berries here like that. I would LOVE to go blueberry picking and make homemade blueberry anything!

I'm catching up on blogs... I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's hamster. :(

robison52 said...

Congrats on getting first in your age group...just shows how difficult it was to get a PR when it's so hot and humid; everyone else had to suffer through the horrible weather, but you beat your fellow AG's anyway!!

I Run for Fun said...

Congratulations! So sweet of MissyMiss to celebrate with you.

greentigress said...

BRILLIANT to come first in your age group!!! I love that you beat thong girl!!!
That is Loads of blueberries!! and they are so yummy, we get blackberries here but no blueberries...