Saturday, April 25, 2009

What happenned to spring??

Here in upstate NY, the weather seems to have gone from winter to summer. It was 80 degrees today! Since I am not a fan of the heat, I was missing spring. My favorite weather would be 55-65 degrees....just right for running.

I went out this morning for a 7 mile run and was very unprepared for the heat. After the first 4 miles, I was hot, sweaty and starting to get a little light-headed. I had only had a little bit of water before I started. So, instead of a quick water break and back to running, I decided to take a little break. I found a lovely bench in the shade and sat there with my water bottle. After about 10 minutes I was feeling much better and went back out and finished the last 3.

I hate to stop in the middle, but I was not feeling well enough to continue. The 10 minutes in the shade with water did the trick though. This week I am planning on getting a hydration belt. I would have loved to have had my water with me. I am going to get the one with 2 smaller bottles.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Rookie on the Run said...

Running in the heat is not my favorite thing either. Your mid-run break sounds very nice and like you needed it!

Good luck choosing a fuel belt. I prefer to run without one, but when it's hot and it's a long run, it is SO worth it!

Pam said...

It's going to be"unseasonable warm" here today, too. The kids want me to blow up the inflatable pool today, so I have a feeling I will be spending a good part of my day out in the back yard.

Running Mommy said...

Good for you for taking a break. I don't like taking breaks either, somehow it feels a bit like cheating, but sometimes it's the wisest decision.

I'm contemplating a hydration belt too. Especially in summer.

Mabry's gamma said...

Sarah,

I think it was unseasonably warm everywhere. You make me laugh because you beat yourself up for a break after 4 miles in the heat, we had a garage sale and I kept going back and forth into the house because of the heat and I only had 2 dozen steps from my chair to the cool house. LOL

I am going to christen your name to be "AMAZING."

joyRuN said...

We haven't had time to get acclimated to this heat. I don't think I'd be able to get out there for 7 miles without walking/crawling!

Heather said...

I love the heat, but the first few runs in hot weather are always tough. It takes a while for your body to remember what that's like! Glad you got outside. :)

Tanya said...

We're bouncing between heat waves and cold weather here-that's just what happens in a coastal climate. You were smart to take a break. I'm getting a hydration belt, too, I just can't decide what to get. I'll be interested to hear how yours works for you.

I Run for Fun said...

I know that feeling...my 5-miler today was brutal. I don't think we are equipped to handle this heat, immediately out of winter!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,