Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm back, baby!!

It was almost 2 weeks ago that I hurt my back and thankfully it is pretty much fully resolved...thank goodness! I was going crazy not being able to run. I waited about 10 days until the pain was completely gone before getting back to running. I did 3 miles on Sunday and 3.5 today without a problem, so I think I am good to go.

Here are my stats for March:
Run: 54.9 miles
walk: 170 minutes
Bike: 335 minutes

Not too bad. My mileage is up from Jan and Feb, due to the nicer weather. While I love long runs outdoors, I hate them on the treadmill. The longest I can manage on the treadmill is 4 miles, then I run out of things to think about.

4 comments:

Rookie on the Run said...

Yay!! I'm glad you're back and that you have been able to get out and run! I've only run a couple times on the treadmill and I have to agree that it is not as much fun as being out doors.

Heather said...

Way to get back out there. I can't even do 4 miles on the treadmill!

Pam said...

I'm like that on the eliptical machine at the gym. I just get bored on it. I'm glad that you're back is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I came across your blog and saw that you’re passionate about running and staying fit. I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried Greek yogurt, but it's strained which leaves it with twice the protein and half the sugar of regular yogurt. Stonyfield Farm makes Oikos Organic Greek yogurt which has a whopping 15 grams of protein per 5.3 oz. serving, which is a great snack to fuel your training schedule. Our Oikos Greek yogurt is also unique because it’s the only organic Greek yogurt on the market today. We feel that organic is not only better for you, but better for the planet as well.

I’d love to send you some free coupons to give Oikos a try. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at Kdrociak@stonyfield.com and let me know where to send them.

Take care,

Kristina
Stonyfield Farm