I was reading on someone's blog (Forgive me, I can't remember who) about what motivates one to run. So...I got to thinking about why I run.
1. so I can have that cupcake. (just keepin' it real)
2. because it is cheaper than therapy.
3. because there is nothing better than hearing the sounds of my feet on the pavement and nothing else.
4. to make my kids proud.
5. so I can live to be really old. Let's face it...fit and healthy people live the longest. I see ladies in local races in their 70s and they are in awesome shape...I want that. I want to have lots of great-grandkids and still be "spunky" in my 90s.
6. because I like buying and wearing all my running gear.
7. because I want some hot legs.
8. because I despise laziness. There are moms at my daughter's school who park in illegal spaces when it is time to pick-up their kids, just so they can be as close as possible to the door. I park far away, so I can get some extra exercise in. Lazy sucks.
9. because I love the jelly-like feeling I get in my legs after a race.
10. because it just makes me happy.
Why do you run? (or exercise, for you non-runners. :) )