Since the race I have thought of a few more things to share:
1. The best spectator sign I saw read "Run Like You Stole Something"...I LOVED it! I actually laughed out loud.
2. In high school I ran cross country. I knew one of my old teammates would also be running the half and I saw her around mile 9. It was fun to chat for a bit and great to see her!
3. My quads were KILLING me for several days after the race. I finally remembered that miles 8-13 are a gradual downhill. I forgot how killer the downhills can be!
4. I am still a little sensitive about the fact that I don't have a "runner's body". I am working on getting over it. I was so amazed at the starting line to see a TON of others girls without a "runner's body"...it did a lot for my nerves.
5. When I went through a water stop, I always tried to throw my cup off to the side. However, it seems everyone in front of me were content to just drop it right in the middle of the road, leaving us back-of-the-packers to wade through a sea of cups. Is it just me, or is that rude??
6. At mile 11 I almost fell..hard. My foot got stuck in a rut in the road and I ended up lurching forward. I must have had a guardian angel that day, because I somehow recovered without landing flat on my face. A guy watching on the sides gasped when it happened. After I recovered I looked up and said "Wow...that could have been ugly!"
7. And finally...being that it was my first half I actually purchased the race pictures. I plan on framing one...still trying to decide where to put it...total dork, I now. I am the one in the blue hat. Here they are: