So...I have been a gym member for about a month and am loving it and wishing I had joined sooner. I love the elliptical, the bikes, the pool, the childcare, the weights, the social aspect. But..there are quite a few things that I DON'T love about the gym. I don't know if it is just my gym in particular that has these problems, if I am being too picky, or if others deal with these same issues...would love to have you weigh in!
So...here it is...
Top 10 Things I Don't Love About the Gym
1. The SMELL!! The minute I open the door my nose is assaulted by the smell of people sweating. I understand the gym is not gonna smell like fresh-baked cookies, but the sweat smell has got to go!
2. NAKED LADIES! What is the deal with the older ladies in the locker room who walk around and sit in the hot tub completely naked! As I was leaving the locker room today I was visually assaulted by a large, and I mean large, naked butt!
3. SWEAT! I had no idea that some people sweat so much whilst working out...it literally pours off them. I run on the treadmill in fear of their sweat flinging onto me.
4. Making out with the elliptical. What is up with the people who are all hunched over the machines. I would think they should perhaps set the resistance a bit lower and be able to stand up straight.
5. Dirty Looks. Most of the people are very friendly, but there are plenty of others who are just not. Why are you looking me over as I run? Do I have toilet paper stuck to me shoe??
6. Front Desk Girls....they are just so not friendly. It is as if I should be so grateful that they have allowed me to enter their gym.
7. There is a sign near the water fountain that says "No expectorating in the water fountain". EWWW!!!
8. The guys who insist on banging the weights down on their last rep...it scares the bejesus out of me every time. And I am not impressed...it means you can't control the weight and shouldn't be lifting it.
9. I am out of ideas.....
10. THE NAKED LADIES!