Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shoo Fly for my nephew

My little nephew was born last month and I sent him a quilt just after his birth. Their nursery was animal/jungle themed, so I was happy to find some cute fabric that seemed to coordinate with the theme. I did a basic shoo-fly block with a simple border and was pleased with the results. Here are some pics. The background fabric was a cute crayon print I found on my Lancaster trip.







In other quilting news, one of my fav local quilt shops had a "Cookies and Cocoa" open house today...what fun! Not only did they have delicious cookies, but everything was 25 or 30% off. This specific shop is about 30 min away and I don't get there often, so I stocked up! My wonderful husband stayed home with the kiddies while I went to a craft fair and then a quilt shop...what a guy!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute! I didn't know you quilted, what we learn about people. What a great husband staying in the car for you, my husband will only do that if the kids are sleeping!

Laura :)

Pam said...

The quilt is so cute. I bet your brother and his wife were just thrilled with such a beautiful gift. Isn't it great when the men stay home with the kiddies while the moms get to go out and shop for ourselves? I hope you enjoyed your shopping.

BeachRunner said...

Congrats. Great shoo fly too.

Amber said...

It looks awesome!

Oh, and how fun to have a mommy's day out. You gotta love and appreciate that!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,