Monday, July 19, 2010

Loving Larabars!!

Last week a good friend from high school came for a visit! We grew up one town apart, but now she lives on the other side of the country. I hadn't seen her since I was pregnant with my daughter, who is now 7!!

It was a great visit! She is also a runner, who recently finished her first marathon and is training for her second. We even got to go for a run together, which was such fun!

While she was here, she introduced me to Larabars and I am now head-over-heels in love! I bought these flavors last week and loved them all!




The main ingredients are nuts and dates. There are VERY few ingredients in each one, but that taste delish! For example, the pb&j one has dates, peanuts, unsweetened cherries and salt....and that is it!! I ate one for a quick breakfast on the go this morning and it was delish and filling. I HIGHLY recommend these....gotta get more at the store tomorrow!

22 comments:

racing dawn said...

Haven't seen these before. I'll have to try them out! Thanks for the tip...

Rae said...

These sound yummy! I'll have to try one sometime.

joyRuN said...

I'll have to find these around here. I like that the ingredients are straightforward.

Julie said...

I think that it is great that you were able to meet up with one of your runner friends:)

I have not yet tasted the Larabars yet. I have heard that they are fantastic:) Maybe I will bring one with on a longer training run and see how it goes. Have a great week!

Damara said...

I've never seen these before, but they look good.

Pam said...

I love the new look of your blog. Glad to hear you had such a nice visit with your friend.

Lesley Looper said...

Larabars ARE yummy! :) They'd fallen off my radar, thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you like them. They are my favorites and many races have mini ones to sample. It was so great being with you and your family. Miss you guys! Hugs to you and your little ones!! :-) You guys are always welcome to come out to Colorado to visit me. (home of the Larabars :-) )
Beth

Tanya said...

I love Larabars! I credit them with helping me lose weight-they were my go-to snack when I was working. Your blog looks great!

Molly said...

Love Larabars, they're my bar of choice when I have an energy bar!

Kannan said...

Good post.

Cheri said...

You don't have an email that I see so I am leaving a comment and just checking in on you to see if you are OK?

kwpang said...

the bars looks really yummy from the packaging, would be nice to have one during a run.

Together We Save said...

These sound yummy... I have never tried them. Glad you had a nice visit with an old friend.

greentigress said...

hi, we don't have them here but i LOVE things with nuts and dates and all that kind of thing - so sweet they don't need sugar!!

mizuno wave said...

Mmmm..Sounds yummy. I like peanuts on chocolates.. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, I will definitely have to give those a try!

Kevin said...

Every time I eat one of the Larabars I always wonder what the heck they put into them to make them taste like what they say they should taste like. They taste great but the consistency is strange to me.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

Wilma Lee said...

Just wondering if everything is OK with you. You haven't posted for a long time. You still running?

WendyBird said...

Hey, you haven't posted in ages, is everything okay?

oakley said...

I love it too...

Eyebrow Tinting Kits said...

mmmmm LARABARRRRRssssss