Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where's my noodle??

As I have previously mentioned, I joined a gym. I wanted to have access to more options for cross training, as well as weight machines.

Another goal was to start swimming. Especially now with a healing injury, I figured it would be a great way to workout with less stress on my joints. My gym has adult swim as well as family swim times. Last weekend I took the kiddies to the family swim. It was my first time in the pool. It is small, only 3 lanes, but warm and clean. There were only a handful of people there. The kids LOVED it!. MissyMiss wears a floaty suit and with it, can freely swim laps back and forth. She will take lessons again this summer. Bubby liked being in the water, but I had to hold him the whole time. Even when I showed him how to use a noodle to float, he wanted me to hold him. I figure it will take time for him to feel more comfortable in the water. Overall, the kids had a blast and were very tired when we got home.

Yesterday I decided that I would try to actually swim alone. When I take the kids in, I just walk around trying not to mess up my hair and make-up.

I was a bit nervous, as it had been a long time since I had actually swam. I got to the pool and there were only 2 other people there, so I got my own lane. I put on my goggles and got in...so far, so good. Then...I dove under the water and FREAKED OUT! It had been so long since I had been underwater that I think I had a little panic attack! I have no idea why. I grew up on Long Island and lived at the beach and in the pool all summer. In high school I even learned to surf....I would never have expected to freak out the way I did.

I ended up doing breast stroke without going under and then slowly going under water for more and more time. I tried a crawl stroke, but could not coordinate my arms with putting my head above water to get a breath.

I know I need a lot more practice. Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to figure out how to coordinate my breathing when doing a crawl stroke?? Every time I tried I ended up swallowing water. I ended up doing the stroke without putting my head under water.

I was a bit disheartened, but am going to embrace this challenge. The swimming didn't bother my back and felt like a good workout for my arms. My goal is to swim at least every other week.

After about 10 minutes I really just wanted to grab a pool noodle and float around, but I stuck it out for 25 minutes. Go me!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go for sticking it out! I have no advice, but love that you are swimming! Sounds like fun!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Swimming way hard! I don't really have any tips, but I probably will soon. I have to get in the pool for some tri training! I'll let you know what I find out!

Heather said...

You sound about like me with swimming! I have looked into adult swimming lessons, but can't make them work with my schedule. Maybe a personal swimming trainer?

greentigress said...

Hi,
I am surprised that you had a panic attack since you have such a water baby history - but anything can happen to anyone at any time so it's no surprise really

crawl - i would just breast stroke for a while i was never very good at it - but you can experiment with how many arm strokes per breath ie 2 or 4

Julie said...

Hi Sarah,
I would bet money that you are a better swimmer than me! I am a terrible swimmer and I do get panic attacks when my head goes under water. I never had any formal swimming lessons and basically learned how to do the front float and dog paddle on my own:) Good for you for swimming and getting an awesome workout:)

michael~ said...

Fantastic blog! Very heartfelt and personal…

I’m anthropologist currently doing a little study on the blogging culture, and your blog has a special interest for me. If you don’t mind dropping by my site and maybe participating in the study by answering 5 questions I’d be more that grateful.

http://conflictions5.blogspot.com

If for nothing else, drop by the blog just to take a look...

Cheers~

m-

ShutUpandRun said...

Swimming is weird when you get back into it after a long time. It will come back naturally if you keep at it! When I started swimming, I googled some sites about workouts, form, etc and it really helped.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

Sherri said...

swimmng is great cross training. I do it but I hate my head under water so I do it with my head up which is way slower but still good exercise. I wish I had an answer!

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,自拍,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹

黃立行Paul said...

cool!very creative!avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,情色

日月神教-任我行 said...

成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人電影,成人遊戲,成人文學,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,正妹牆

gucci-shoes-bags said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes