I do have some lighter recipes and this is one of my all-time favorites.
They are oatmeal blueberry muffins and here is why I love them:
1. They taste delicious! They don't taste like a 500 calorie fatty muffin, but they do taste really good!
2. My kids and husband love them, so they don't last long!
3. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. In the summer my kids and I love to go blueberry picking. We pick a lot! I freeze some for use in the winter. You can't just throw a bunch in a bag and freeze it or you will have a mess. I spread mine onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Put baking sheet in freezer until the berries are frozen. Then I portion them into ziploc bags, with 1 cup in each bag.
Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup blueberries
Extra Cinnamon/sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line muffin tin with paper cups.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Mix wet into dry until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.
3. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12-16, depending on size.