Friday, December 12, 2008

My Christmas House

Here are some pics of my house decorated for Christmas. I will do the tree and ornaments in another post. I like my house to be Christmas-sy, but also warm and cozy-ish...I am not at all a fancy-schmancy girl. When people come over and say "Your house is so cozy!" it makes me happy...that is exactly what I am going for...must be the quilter in me.

Here is the buffet in my dining room. I love my snowglobes.

This is a shelf in what should be the formal living room, but it is our play room...much more functional that way. :) I got the little tree at a craft fair. I fell in love with it at soon as I saw it. The Santa and snowman are two of my first decorations. I bought them when I was in grad school. They were my only decorations at the time.



I also found this chalk board at a craft fair. I just did the drawing yesterday and MissyMiss told me "You are a very good artist!"




This is the powder room.



O.k...so this is not a Christmas decoration, but he saw me taking pics and kept saying "cheese!" What a cutie. He can't say "r" sounds yet, so when he says "decorations" it sounds like "deco-nations".




Our front door. I made this wreath myself. :)



I have our Chrsitmas village on our 2 mantels. I let MissyMiss pick a house this year and she chose the bakery...baking is something we both love.




I bought the quilt shop this year. When I saw it I just had to have it.















This is our breakfast bar. I got that Santa cookie jar years ago on e-bay. It was one of my first (of many) e-bay purchases. I found that cute placemat at Kohls. It has gingerbread men and cupcakes on it...perfect for the kitchen.








Here is a close up of the tree I put in the kitcen. I decorated it with cookie cutters. I had planned to do a plain tree without lights. But...the kids saw this fiber-optic one and I just didn't have the heart to say no. Bubby stands and stares at the lights. He calls it "mama's tree".




So, there you have it. I will put up some pics of our tree this weekend.




















5 comments:

Pam said...

The house looks great! I bet the kids are excited about Christmas. Mine keep asking how many more days until Santa comes. It's really cute.

greentigress said...

Lovely and tasteful decorations, I have so few at the mo, living at mum's she's got great decorations. and the new ones are great too.

I love the santa cookie jar!!

spirit_in_me said...

Very cozy for sure. Love the chalk board art!! Also love the little country looking tree!

BeachRunner said...

Very nice.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,