Friday, December 12, 2008

My Christmas House

Here are some pics of my house decorated for Christmas. I will do the tree and ornaments in another post. I like my house to be Christmas-sy, but also warm and cozy-ish...I am not at all a fancy-schmancy girl. When people come over and say "Your house is so cozy!" it makes me happy...that is exactly what I am going for...must be the quilter in me.

Here is the buffet in my dining room. I love my snowglobes.

This is a shelf in what should be the formal living room, but it is our play room...much more functional that way. :) I got the little tree at a craft fair. I fell in love with it at soon as I saw it. The Santa and snowman are two of my first decorations. I bought them when I was in grad school. They were my only decorations at the time.



I also found this chalk board at a craft fair. I just did the drawing yesterday and MissyMiss told me "You are a very good artist!"




This is the powder room.



O.k...so this is not a Christmas decoration, but he saw me taking pics and kept saying "cheese!" What a cutie. He can't say "r" sounds yet, so when he says "decorations" it sounds like "deco-nations".




Our front door. I made this wreath myself. :)



I have our Chrsitmas village on our 2 mantels. I let MissyMiss pick a house this year and she chose the bakery...baking is something we both love.




I bought the quilt shop this year. When I saw it I just had to have it.















This is our breakfast bar. I got that Santa cookie jar years ago on e-bay. It was one of my first (of many) e-bay purchases. I found that cute placemat at Kohls. It has gingerbread men and cupcakes on it...perfect for the kitchen.








Here is a close up of the tree I put in the kitcen. I decorated it with cookie cutters. I had planned to do a plain tree without lights. But...the kids saw this fiber-optic one and I just didn't have the heart to say no. Bubby stands and stares at the lights. He calls it "mama's tree".




So, there you have it. I will put up some pics of our tree this weekend.




















4 comments:

Pam said...

The house looks great! I bet the kids are excited about Christmas. Mine keep asking how many more days until Santa comes. It's really cute.

greentigress said...

Lovely and tasteful decorations, I have so few at the mo, living at mum's she's got great decorations. and the new ones are great too.

I love the santa cookie jar!!

spirit_in_me said...

Very cozy for sure. Love the chalk board art!! Also love the little country looking tree!

BeachRunner said...

Very nice.